Our school is a voluntary aided Church of England Primary School educating pupils from 4-11 years. We encourage our pupils to develop lively and enquiring minds, learning through a rich and stimulating curriculum with involvement in practical and meaningful activities.
The development of the children’s core skills is central to Alpington’s aim of providing the children with what they need for the future so that they are able to thrive and wallow in the joy of life long learning. Our teaching and learning approach always has the development of key skills at the heart of everything we do. All children are valued, encouraged and supported to be the best they can be and families are highly valued as partners in their children’s education.
The school is set within attractive grounds which includes an inviting Early Years Foundation Stage outside learning area, school vegetable gardens, wooden outdoor classrooms, play sheds, shelters and a large playing field. The school has recently completed the building of a new school hall which enables the children to take part in high quality PE activities as well as providing a large airy space for drama, assemblies and other whole school activities.
Parents who are interested in their child attending our school are always welcome to make an appointment to visit the school.
Vision & Ethos
to provide an inspiring education which every child enjoys and every parent values. We strive for our pupils to become confident, caring and successful individuals.
Our aims are to…
- provide a safe, happy and stimulating learning environment
- create and develop a passion for learning
- give pupils confidence in their individual abilities and help them to achieve their full potential
- promote a Christian education that is life long and enhancing
Our values are…
- the ability to respect others, their values and ideas
- a strong partnership with parents, the local church and community
- the fostering of an awareness of a personal faith