- Please can you make sure that you are sharing the reading books the children bring home with them. We expect children to be sharing books daily and regularly swapping their book. We have also noticed that many of the brand new reading books we sent home have gone missing. Please can these be located and returned.
- There will be a reading and phonics meeting for Reception parents at 2.30pm on Wedensday 13th October at school. Please come along to find out how you can support your child’s reading development at home.
Autumn Term 2021
Welcome to Robins class!
The Robins, old and new, have had a fantastic start to the Autumn term. Over the last week the children have been spending time getting to know each other and settling into their new school, classroom and routines. It has been lovely to see new friendships blossoming in class and the new children have also been keen to get to know children from other classes at break times. I have been especially proud of how the year 1 Robins have taken the new children under their wings and of how helpful and caring they have been.
This half term we will be focusing on getting to know each other better and following the children’s interests rather than having a set topic. We have set up a home area in the classroom and would love to put the children’s family photographs on the wall if you are able to send them in. Find attached our Autumn term timetable and you can check out our learning so far on the Robins in Action page.
PE will be every Tuesday and the children are encouraged to come to school in their PE kit on these days.
On Friday we will send your child home with a library book that they can borrow for the week and change again the following Friday. This book is for you to share together at home, we do not expect the children to be reading it to you.
There will be information to follow regarding a phonics meeting for new parents and also a letter for all parents explaining the new reading scheme.
We have already noticed that many of the children do not have names in their jumpers etc. Please can you make sure that you name your children’s clothes so that we can return them to the right owner and they do not end up in lost property. Could we also ask that from time to time you check the names in your child’s clothes to make sure they haven’t accidentally picked up someone elses jumper instead of their own.
End of day collection
Please could you let us know if your child is going to be collected by anyone other than their primary carers. In time we will become familiar with Grandparents etc but, for now, if you could just let us know who we are looking for at the end of the day this will really help us out.
Could we also ask that you don’t call your child away from their class at the end of the day so that we can ensure that they have been safely handed over to the right adult.
If you have any questions or queries, no matter how big or small, please do not hesitate to speak to the Robins staff either in the morning or at the end of the day.
In class we have been using the school curriculum values to talk about our learning:
- One of the Robins is missing a maroon hoodie that he wore for non-uniform day. It is age 5 and from Sainsbury’s. If anyone has gained a missing jumper matching this description then it’s owner would be very pleased to hear from you!
- MISSING JUMPERS! Please could you check the labels in your child’s jumpers to make sure they don’t belong to someone else. We have a few named PE hoodies, in particular, that have gone missing and several unnamed and unwanted hoodies left in school.
- Please could all children bring a coat to school with them! Some days have started out sunny and then turned wet very quickly so coats are still needed each day.
Robins Timetable can be viewed here. Please be aware that this is a timetable for the whole class and therefore Reception children only take part in appropriate activities. Our timetable is also is subject to change, as we operate a flexible schedule to ensure we are meeting the needs of the children.
What to Expect in Reception – This should give you an idea of what your child will be learning during their first term in Reception.
Finding things tough?
Childline offers help, support and ideas for children who are worried, frustrated or feeling bad or sad.
Check out their website for all sorts of ideas: childline.org.uk
You can also call Childline: 0800 11 11